Sunday 12 May 2013

That Old Steam Train Has Left The Station (for D)

That old steam train has left the station for the very last time,
I didn’t even know you were going but I know it’ll be somewhere nice,
May be the sands of Morar or the pier at Mallaig.

That old steam train has left the station with only the driver onboard,
The one who looks like Robert Newton from Treasure Island,
As you toot your whistle, you’ll be filling in another crossword,
I betcha!

That old steam train has left the station for the very last time today,
And we were all the better for having been passengers on it,
Thanks for the ride pal, rest well.



bobby s.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely Bobby - how nice to think of him driving a train off into the distance and knowing that he's gone somewhere nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sharon - I think you and Philip have created really fitting tributes to a good friend.
    Still think I'm going to see him from time to time - I forget.

    ReplyDelete